Tuesday, November 17, 2009

resources for educators

I chose to visit the adventures in educational blogging site. Here I found many different blogs talking about different issues teachers may face. One of the first blogs talked about technology education for teachers. It talked about how many teachers are not educated in different forms of technology. It talked about how many school districts provide educational classes after school, however, not many attend them. This is because they do not have time. One district talks about how they made Monday afternoons devoted to teacher learning and meetings. This month they devoted this time to technology classes. Though these classes were optional many teachers attended them and there was a big turn out.
I want to make sure that I am educated in the different types of technology. I will try my best to attend as many technology classes as I can so that I can be better educated. This way I can incorporate technology easily into my lesson plans.
Another blog talked about organization. There is an application called life balance which allows you to easily organize your tasks and emails. He said he used the application on his ipod touch however it was not compatible on his computer. He found a solution. He found that by linking his ipod to his computer he could access the application online. This way he could add tasks from online or from his ipod touch. He talks about how he really liked the sub-tasks and places feature. With the sub-tasks feature he could easily set up to do lists as well as track the progress of his projects. The places feature helped him to remember to get the dry cleaning or go to the store.
I would look into using this application as a teacher. Being organized is so important. It is so easy to loose track of tasks and projects. This application seems to make things a little bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment