Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Assignment 3

I worked with Jenny Burch for this project. We decided to use Google for our search engine because it is well known and reliable. Our tool box contains different links that we thought would be helpful for educators. There is not really any organizational part, the links were just placed in the search engine. If you want to check out our search engine here is the link: http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=008248482121840346341:osrbrylpfm8

Some of the sites I used were:
  • Teachertube.com: This site is a lot like YouTube, however it is geared for teachers. The videos are pre-screened so that they are appropriate for students. These videos help to explain concepts to students and some are just for fun. I would use this site in my classroom, to help students better understand difficult concepts. Sometimes a video can do the trick.
  • www.k12.wa.us: This site is very helpful it contains the grade level standards for K-12Th grade. This site is very helpful because it helps teachers pin point what their students need to learn for their given grade level. I use this site a lot to make sure my lesson plans are up to par. I'm sure I will use it even more when I'm a teacher. It is nice to be able to make sure you are accomplishing the right learning targets.
  • www.fossweb.com: This site is great because it contains different games and activities for students of different ages. This site is very user friendly and I love the different games it has. I would use this site to help promote learning of a certain subject. I would use the games along with a lesson to make it more fun and interactive for students.


1 comment:

  1. that's funny...I used Google search and the three sites you mentioned were three of the sites that i put on my search enginge:) google search was easy but only once i got the hang of it. at first i was teriffied of it because it had so many options and was not very good at explaining what it wanted me to do. but i finally figured it out and now i even posted it on my website. i love technology:) great job Emily

    ReplyDelete