Explanation/description of project:
For my technology project I created a lesson plan using the smart board software. I posted my slides as well as two audio podcasts on a new blog web site. For this project I used wordpress.com. I provides a link to my blog below. Check it out!
I posted my slides to this site. Also I used a pod cast to describe how I created this presentation. I also talked about the tools I used and the new things I learned about while creating this project.
Thoughts about the project:
This project was very time consuming. I did not think it would take so long to create the project. I did have a little fun though. I figured out how to use the different features of the smart board software. I also figured out how to use another blog web site. Probably the most frustrating thing was trying to post my slides onto my blog. I tried both on blogger and wordpress.com. I was able to post the slides but they were all jumbled and did not appear in the order in which I posted them. Wordpress.com was a little better. They provided a link to each slide. This was annoying though, because I have 11 slides total. I did not think that people would want to go through and click on 11 links to view the different slides. I used freecorder to record a couple podcasts describing how I did my project and linked them to my wordpress.com blog site. This project was a great experience. Though stressful and time consuming, I learned how to create lessons using the smart board software. By creating a lesson plan I also learned how to use the different features of the smart board. I also learned how to create a new blog web site. I will hopefully be able to use this smart board presentation in the classroom at some point.
NETS for Teachers:
The completion of this project modeled many different NETS for teachers. 1a. I engaged students in exploring real-world issues and solving authentic problems using digital tools and resources. I created a lesson plan using the smart board software. This lesson plan helps students know how to find the perimeter and area of squares and rectangles. This is a real world problem a lot of students do not know how to go about this. I taught them a skill they can use in their everyday life. The technology used was the smart board software. 3a, 3c: I demonstrated that I was somewhat fluent in using the smart board software. I also became somewhat fluent in the use of the wordpress.com blogger site. I also was able to communicate to information effectively using these two different technologies. 4c: I provided a lesson that catered to both visual and auditory learners. If I presented this lesson plan I could also cater to kinesthetic learners by modeling what I meant using a tangible object.
NETS for students:
The completion of this project modeled many different NETS for students as well. 1a,b: I used the smart board software to create an original lesson plan. This is my original lesson plan and it is an expression of my learning as a student. 2a,b: I created a lesson plan using the smart board software. I used a new blog site to post my ideas. I also used a pod cast to explain how I went about completing the project. This interacts with a number of different audiences. My peers and teachers can read my blog and listen to my pod cast. 3c: I first created a lesson plan using the smart board software. Secondly I had to figure out what blog site I wanted to use and how I would go about posting my ideas. I used a podcast to explain my ideas and how I went about completing my project. 4c: for this project I had to use a lot of critical thinking. I had to figure out a way to post my ideas onto my blog site. Since I couldn't post my slides directly to the site I had to come up with an alternative way to post my ideas. I ended up using free recorder to create a pod cast. 6a,c: I gained an understanding of how to use the smart board software as well as how to use a new blog web site. while completing this project I had to do a lot of trouble shooting. Some things did not work at first. I had to try and try again to get things the way I wanted them to look.
I hope you have enjoyed reading about my technology project!
No comments:
Post a Comment