Tuesday, October 20, 2009
reflection 4
The other day I was thinking about how much our world has changed in the past few years. I was thinking about how technology has improved so much. It's crazy if you think about it. I remember as a child listening to tapes on my Walkman. Now everyone has I-pods, tape players are a thing of the past. I also remember as a child having one family computer. This computer was quite large and took up almost the whole desk. Now everyone in my family has their own lap top. Most of my friends have their own computer as well. I remember in grade school helping the teacher wipe down the white board/chalk board after class. I then remember the phase of overhead projectors. At the end of high school I remember our school installed smart boards in the class rooms. We also were able to use document cameras. though overhead projectors and white boards are still sometimes used smart boards seem to be the preferred technology. I also remember as a child carrying around floppy discs. We used them all the time to save our work on. I remember one time my friend took his floppy disc apart and I was amazed that there was really not much inside the plastic covering. Now a days zip drives are the new thing. I have an external hard drive, which I back up my computer on. I also have a flash drive/or zip drive which I save my every day work onto. Flash drives are a lot more practical, because they are more reliable and do not break as easily. I remember how frustrating it was to save your work to a floppy disc soon to find out your disc was defective. I remember as a child having a home phone which I used for most my communication. Over the past few years cell phone's have become all the rage. I remember I was at the park with the kids i babysit. I recall this seven year old girl saying, "I'm so excited I get an I-phone for my birthday!" I was shocked I don't even have an I-phone and I'm 21! I am really surprised that a girl that young would be given a cell phone. This is the new thing though. I have noticed that more and more young children have cell phones. As I mentioned earlier in my blog, dial up Internet is a thing of the past. Most people use wireless Internet today. It is faster and more efficient. The list goes on....As I said earlier, I am amazed how much technology has changed over the years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment